Ph: 989.348.8778 x 5
The city treasurer is typically responsible for liquidity risk management, cash management, issuing and repaying debt, and interest rate risk, and oversight of pension investment management. They also typically advise the city council and city manager, or their equivalents, on matters relating to municipal finance. They could also have oversight of other areas, such as the purchase of insurance, and collections of user fees such as utility usage and business licenses. Municipal funding sources are commonly property tax, sales tax, income tax, utility users tax (UUT), transient occupancy tax (hotel occupancy), and user fees such as licensing and permit fees.
Summer Taxes: are due and payable through September 14th.
- After September 14th interest will be added at the rate of 1% per month or a fraction thereof.
Winter Taxes: will be due by February 14th.
- Taxes paid between February 15th and February 28th will include a 3% penalty. All unpaid taxes will be returned to the County Treasurer on March 1st.
Payment Options and Guidelines
- Partial payments are accepted anytime –minimum amount $50.00.
- DO NOT staple check to billing statement.
- Please check your property description before making payment and notify the township treasurer if you have any questions.
- Receipts by request only! Enclose a self addressed stamped envelope.
- Pay Online