Frederic Township is looking for a State Certified Building Inspector with zoning experience to fill the position of the Building and Zoning Administrator/Building Inspector/Building Official/Zoning Enforcement Officer. This position will be salary based with benefits after 90 days including; health insurance, retirement plan, and yearly paid vacation. An in-depth knowledge of the Michigan Building Codes and standards is preferred. Applicants must have the ability to positively interact with other staff members, the general public, contractors, and other clientele. The position does require you to be in the office Monday thru Thursday 9am-2pm as well as being flexible for some after hours or weekend work.
- Minimum of 5 years active in the construction trade
- Registration as a Building Inspector and Plan Reviewer
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License with a good record
- Experience with a Municipality is desired
Resumes with references can be faxed to (989) 348-7365, emailed to email@example.com, or mailed to Attn: Supervisor of Frederic Township, P.O. Box 78, Frederic, MI 49733.